NEED ANKLE SURGERY? GET EXPERT HELP FROM FREDERICK FOOT AND ANKLE
Every day, your feet and ankles perform strenuous activity supporting your body and helping you walk. Most people, unfortunately, forget the importance of their ankles. This leads to neglect and damage in most cases. Subsequently, this means a lot more people are getting ankle surgery.
So, instead of waiting until your feet and ankle start hurting, you can take care of them, ensuring they serve you for long. Additionally, if you’re in any sort of pain, you should visit a Frederick Foot and Ankle facility near you, and our professionals will take care of you.
Foot and ankle structures are some of the most complex in the human body. Don’t risk it; get only the best help to get you back on your feet.
WHAT ILLNESSES & CONDITIONS CAN ATTACK FEET & ANKLES?
As the feet and ankle have myriad functionalities, they are susceptible to various conditions. Some of these include:
- DISLOCATIONS AND FRACTURES IN THE FOOT AND ANKLE – After the consultation, our healthcare professionals will advise on whether you need ankle surgery or not. The ankle surgery types may vary based on the extent and condition of the fracture.
- RUPTURING OF THE ACHILLES TENDON – When overstretched or pulled, the Achilles tendon can rupture, leaving you in insurmountable pain. Corrective measures include ankle surgery and wearing casts.
- ANKLE AND FOOT ARTHRITIS – Different types of arthritis affect the feet and ankles. These types include rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis. After visiting a Frederick Foot and Ankle outlet, we’ll examine the condition and provide a way forward. If you need surgical procedures, the ankle surgery cost depends on various factors, including the type of arthritis.
- FOREIGN MATERIAL REMOVAL – External objects such as metal, glass pieces, or plastic may require surgery and special care to avoid infections.
PLANNING & RECOVERING FROM ANKLE SURGERY PROCEDURES
At Frederick Foot and Ankle, we help you with the surgery planning and healing phases to ensure maximum results. Whenever you’re going to see a doctor on feet and ankle issues, it’s proper to wear something you can easily expose the leg. While some clinics offer hospital gowns, it helps to be prepared. You may also require an X-ray image of the affected parts.
After the consultation, the podiatric will determine whether you need corrective ankle surgery or not. If surgery is the best route forward, the specialist will also advise you on preparing and caring for the ankle.
TOP SIGNS YOU NEED ANKLE OR FOOT SURGERY
Rightfully, before you can determine if you require surgery or not, seeking professional advice is vital. Remember, some of the complex elements found in the feet and ankles are fragile and need expert care.
However, if you have one or more of these signs, you should visit a Frederick Foot and Ankle near you and rule out any ankle injuries. Some of the common symptoms you need ankle surgery are:
- Chronic heel pain
- Constant ankle and foot pain
- Pain that forces you to limp
- Bone spur
- Joint swelling, redness, and warmth
- Difficulty in walking
Have you experienced any of these signs? Do you need ankle and foot surgery? At Frederick Foot and Ankle, we strive to help our patients from when they walk through our door till they get better. Contact us today or visit any of our branches near you for more foot and ankle surgery information.